Our Prom 2023 Shoe Collection
At Camille La Vie, our aim is not only to provide you with the perfect prom dress designed to dazzle you on the dance floor, but to also supply some fabulous footwear in the mix! And with a myriad of dress styles to choose from in our stores, finding the right shoe can be a bit of a task. What strappy sandal should you wear with that vibrant watercolor print high-low dress? Or what about a fierce animal print style combined with a metallic swirl design? Is it always necessary for the shoe color to match the boldest color of your dress? Like hot pink dress to go with hot pink shoes? Possibly not always the case. As a fashion tip, to keep things simple, it's essential to go with a neutral shoe that possesses just the right amount of shimmer and let's your beautiful dress do most of the talking. With our 2023 Camille La Vie Shoe Collection, you'll definitely achieve head-turning results at your Prom bash. Another added benefit to our footwear? They're perfect enough to be worn not only for Prom, but for virtually any cocktail party or night out with friends or that special someone. Characteristics to look for in a versatile shoe for your Prom include: 1. Hint of Rhinestones. You can find the perfect strappy sandal with the right dose of sparkle that won't overpower your overall look. Whether your sandal style is a timeless t-strap, ankle strap or slingback, find a pair that zeros in on some sparkle in one area of the shoe (perhaps the t-strap itself) and keeps the rest in a minimal hue. 2. Nudes, Metallics or Blacks. You simply cannot go wrong with these excellent color palettes. They work incredibly well with any dress color or pattern of your choice, and can even revamp a basic day look into something spectacular by night. 3. Platform Element. Finding a sandal with a platform sole will elongate your figure and can even add up to an additional 6 inches to your height, while ensuring that you still walk comfortably in your fabulous prom dress.
Walk That Walk!
There’s seriously nothing sexier then a gorgeous girl in high heels… Right? Glowing with seductive charm and showcasing your poised posture throughout prom night must be in your top priorities! You’ll look stunning in that prom dress, your hair will be amazing and your makeup will be impeccable so, YES, you have to know how to move about the party in heels, while still keeping that statuesque confidence in tact! Get those feet, shoes, and legs in sync so you’ll be ready to have a blast without stumbling, or worse, falling in your dress… Oh No doll, that’s not a good look!! Here are our best tips to get your body ready for a night in those sky-high prom stilettos!More
- Take them for an early spin! Once you’ve found the most fabulous heels; wear them before the big day! Breaking in your new heels is crucial and trust us, your feet will thank you at prom. The best thing to do is wear your heels around your house, maybe while you’re cleaning your room or practicing your new dance moves to the latest Justin song… either way, this gives your feet a chance to mold and break in your heels leaving you with less of a chance of getting blisters or sore dancing feet!
- Yoga. Keeping your balance on the tiniest of heels does take skill but what you really need more than anything is balance! Try practicing yoga to not only lengthen and tone your body, but yoga will help your muscles learn balance and good posture. Balance is essential to the sport of heel wearing, so take this bit of advise and start doing some sun salutations now to prepare for the big night!
- Take a cheat seat! If you can, whenever you can, sit down! This is how you will be able to last all night long in those gorgeous pumps, and big plus, show off the new heels to everyone in sight! Don’t be afraid to give your little toes a rest every once in a while, your feet will thank you and when your feet are happy, you’ll be happy! That has to be a saying somewhere right?!
- Make your heels your own. Customizable cushions are sold in every shoe store to help your shoes fit impeccably; this is why step number one needs to happen! Once you parade around in your shiny new shoes, see where any irritation might be happening… are you slipping? Is the back rubbing? There’s a cushion for that! Try these comfy strips!
- Think long and limber! To walk with the most elegance possible, take a tip from our beloved runway models; straighten your legs and extend them when you walk. This will make you look lean and graceful instead of uncoordinated and clumsy. Also use your core muscles, keep them taught when you take steps, this keeps your whole body in line and looking flawless!
- Scuffs are your friend! Well… in this case we mean on the soles your shoes. When your heels are brand new the soles are shiny, untouched, and very very slippery. So, in case you didn’t have time to dance around in your shoes before prom, use some sandpaper and scratch the bottom of your shoes a bit. When there are nicks under your shoes it gives you grip, this grip will keep you from making any slips or falls on the real dance floor…Totally Embarrassing!!
- Confidence, Confidence, Confidence! Girls, we can’t stress this word enough. When your have confidence nothing can stop you… think you can walk in heels and be fierce and you will rock those heels and look like a knockout doing it, it’s that easy! Pretend you are a model strutting down the runway aka the Prom runway and you will be the most fabulous in the room!