Website Privacy Notice
Last updated: May 2023
Thank You for choosing to be part of Our community at Group USA Inc. (“Company”, “We”, “Us”, “Our”). We respect your Personal Data (defined below). If You have any questions or concerns about this privacy notice (“Privacy Notice”), or Our practices with regards to Your Personal Data, please contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Privacy Notice describes (i) the policies and procedures for the access, collection, use, retention, disclosure and protection of information that You (“You” or “Your”) share with Us when You visit or interact with camillelavie.com (our “Website”), including its services; (ii) Your privacy rights; (iii) and how the law protects You and Your privacy rights.
We use Your personal data to provide and improve Our Website and the products purchased on Our Website.
By using Our Website, You agree to the collection, use, retention, and disclosure of Your Personal Data in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE COMPANY ONLY SELLS PRODUCTS TO RESIDENTS IN THE UNITED STATES, AND WE DO NOT CURRENTLY MARKET OUR PRODUCTS OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES.
THE COMPANY DOES NOT CURRENTLY SELL MERCHANDISE OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES.
BY PURCHASING A PRODUCT THROUGH OUR WEBSITE, YOU ARE REPRESENTING TO US THAT YOU ARE A RESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES AND INTEND FOR US TO RELY ON SUCH REPRESENTATION.
Our Website is not intended for anyone under 16 years of age (the “Minimum Age”). Our Website and the services, content, information and products provided or made available on and/or through Our Website may not be accessed or used by any individuals who are not at least the Minimum Age. No one under the Minimum Age may provide any information to Our Website. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from anyone under the Minimum Age.
If You are under the Minimum Age, except with your parent or legal guardian, You are strictly prohibited from the following:
- using or providing any information on Our Website
- registering for an Account with Our Website
- making any purchases through Our Website
- providing any information about You to us, including but not limited to Your
- billing address
- shipping address
- telephone number
- email address
- payment card information
If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires consent from a parent, We may require Your parent's consent before We collect and use that information.
If We learn We have collected or received Personal Data from a person under the Minimum Age without verification of parental consent, We will delete such Personal Data. If You believe We might have any Personal Data from or about anyone under the Minimum Age without parental consent, please contact Us through the contact information below.
Access to any company’s website can be challenging for persons having certain disabilities. A person’s disability is often unique. What may work well for one person, may cause difficulties for another person. We have made efforts to accommodate as many of Our customers and potential customers as is reasonable given Our size, resources, and knowledge of Our customers, and potential customer’s needs. To that end We have engaged the services of professionals to assist and advise Us in these matters.
Our Website contains a third-party plugin (also known as a widget) called UserWay Website Accessibility (“UserWay”). UserWay is powered by its own dedicated accessibility server and is intended to meet Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.1). UserWay can improve website access for some users, particularly related to certain type of disabilities. On Our website, the UserWay widget is located in the LOWER-RIGHT CORNER of most pages.
For more information, please visit Our Accessibility Statement.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Types of Data Collected
While using Our Website, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information (“Personal Data”) that can be used to contact or identify You. Personal Data may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name
- Last name
- Phone number
- Address (including state, province, postal code, and city)
- data collected automatically, either generated by the use of Our Website or from Our Website infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit) (hereinafter, “Usage Data”)
Usage Data is collected automatically when any device—such as a computer, a cell phone or a digital tablet (hereinafter, “Device”)—accesses Our Website. By way of example, but without limitation, Usage Data may include information such as
- Your Device's Internet Protocol address (hereinafter, “IP address”)
- browser type
- browser version
- the pages of Our Website that You visit
- the time and date of Your visit
- the time spent on those pages
- unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect
- the type of mobile device You use
- Your mobile operating system
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit Our Website or when You access Our Website by or through a mobile device.
Methods of Data Collection
We may collect both Personal Data and/or Usage Data on or through Our Website about You. By way of example but not limitation, this includes information We collect
- directly when You provide it to Us (see section Information You Provide to Us below)
- through Your use of Our Website and links You interact with
- service providers engaged by Us to maintain Our Website, to facilitate Your purchases made on Our Website, to perform services necessary for Our Website or to assist Us in analyzing how Our Website is used (hereinafter, “Service Providers”)
- when You interact with Our social media pages and/or accounts, which use is also subject to the privacy policies of the Service Provider upon which such page or account is hosted
- when You register for an Account
- automatically as You navigate through Our Website (see sections Cookies and Tracking Technologies below)
Information You Provide to Us
We may collect Personal Data and/or Usage Data that You provide to Us. Person Data we collect depends on the context of Your interactions with Us and the Website, the choices You make and the products and features You use. By way of example but not limitation, this includes
- information that You provide by filling in forms on Our Website, including, but not limited to, information provided at the time of
- registering for an Account with Our Website
- signing up for one of Our newsletters or mailing lists. You may opt-out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from Us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email We send or by contacting Us at email@example.com
- entering a giveaway or promotion sponsored by Us
- reporting a problem with Our Website
- records and copies of Your correspondence (including email addresses) if You contact Us
- information provided through email, text message, and postal mailing list sign ups
- your responses to surveys that We might ask You to complete for research purposes
- your search queries on Our Website
All Personal Data that You provide to Us must be true, complete and accurate, and You must notify Us of any changes to such Personal Data.
You also may provide information (“User-Generated Content”) to be published or displayed (hereinafter “posted”) on the Company’s Website and social media accounts, including, without limitation, via the following social media platforms:
Your User-Generated Content is posted on and transmitted to others at Your own risk. If You delete Your User-Generated Content from the Website, copies of Your User-Generated Content may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Website users.
Further, We cannot control the actions of the social media platforms on which You choose to provide User-Generated Content, and We cannot control other users of the social media pages that are able to view and access Your User-Generated Content or with whom You may choose to share Your User-Generated Content.
As You navigate through and interact with Our Website, We may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about Your Device, browsing actions, and patterns.
By way of example but not limitation, pages of Our Website and Our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Strictly Required Cookies
- These cookies are required for Our Website to run and cannot be switched off. Such cookies are only set in response to actions made by You such as language, currency, login session, privacy preferences. You can set Your browser to block these cookies but this might affect the way Our site is working.
- Functional Cookies
- These cookies enable Our Website to offer additional functions and personal settings. They can be set by Us or by third-party service providers that We have placed on Our pages. If You do not allow these cookies, these or some of these services may not work properly.
- Analytics and Statistics
- These cookies allow Us to measure visitors traffic and see traffic sources by collecting information in data sets. They also help Us understand which products and actions are more popular than others.
- Marketing and Retargeting
- These cookies are usually set by Our marketing and advertising partners. They may be used by them to build a profile of Your interest and later show You relevant ads. If You do not allow these cookies, You will not experience targeted ads for Your interests.
- Cookies used by Our Website and Your choices are managed by Consentmo.
Controls for Do-Not-Track Features
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications include a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting You can activate to signal Your privacy preference not to have data about Your online NTD browsing activities monitored and collected. At this stage no uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals has been finalized. As such, we do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates Your choice not to be tracked online. If a standard for online tracking is adopted that we must follow in the future, we will inform You about that practice in a revised version of this privacy notice.
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to fulfill or meet the reason You provided the information. For example, if You share Your name and contact information to ask a question about Our products or services, We will use such information to respond to Your inquiry. If You provide such information to purchase a product, We will use such information to process Your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save such information to facilitate new product orders or process returns
- to provide, support, personalize, and develop Our Website, products, and services
- to create, maintain, customize, and secure Your Account with Us
- to provide You with support and to respond to Your inquiries, including to investigate and address Your concerns and monitor and improve Our responses
- to help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of Our Website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business
- for testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve Our Website, products, and services
- to respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations
- fraud prevention and detection
- to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data about Our Website users is among the assets transferred (a “Business Transfer”)
- in any other way We may describe when You provide the information
- for any other purpose with Your consent
- WE DO NOT SELL YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO THIRD PARTIES; HOWEVER, IF YOU INTERACT WITH OUR BRAND ON SOCIAL MEDIA SITES, THOSE SITES MAY COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION. BEFORE YOU VISIT THOSE SOCIAL MEDIA SITES, PLEASE READ THEIR TERMS REGARDING THEIR DATA COLLECTION AND USE PRACTICES.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
We may disclose Personal Data that We collect or that You provide as described in this Privacy Notice, by way of example but not limitation:
- with Service Providers We use to support Our business (e.g., to monitor and analyze the use of Our Website, to process payments for products purchased on Our Website, to contact You, etc.)
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a Business Transfer
- to Our subsidiaries and affiliates, including joint venture partners or other companies that We control or that are under common control with Us. We will require those subsidiaries and affiliates to honor this Privacy Notice
- when You share Personal Data or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, whereby such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside
- to comply with any legal obligation, court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request
- to protect against legal liability
- to prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with Our Website
- if We believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to invoke or protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, Our customers, or others
- to fulfill the purpose for which You provide it
- for any other purpose disclosed by Us when You provide the information
- with Your consent
We will not repurpose Your information without prior notice to you and without Your consent to such new or additional purpose.
Retention of Your Personal Data
We retain Your Personal Data only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice. By way of example but not limitation, We will retain and use Your Personal Data and Usage Data to the extent necessary
- to comply with Our legal obligations (for example, if We are required to retain Your data to comply with applicable laws)
- to resolve disputes
- to fulfill Your orders and to respond to Your order inquiries
- to enforce Our legal agreements and policies
- for internal analysis purposes
- to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Website
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company's operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to—and maintained on—computers located outside of Your Territory where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your Territory.
Your consent to this Privacy Notice followed by Your submission of such information represents Your agreement to that transfer.
The Company will take all steps reasonably necessary intended to ensure that Your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice and no transfer of Your Personal Data to an organization outside of Your Territory, unless the receiving party has contractually agreed to implement and maintain controls in place for the security of Your Personal Data.
Detailed Information on the Processing of Your Personal Data
Our Service Providers may access Your Personal Data that We maintain. These Service Providers collect, store, use, process and transfer information about Your activity on Our Website in accordance with their own respective privacy policies.
Some content or applications on the Website are served by third-parties, including, without limitation, the following:
Please click on a third-party listed above for more information.
Payment Information Collection, Processing, and Storage
We may use third-party services for payment processing (e.g., payment processors).
We currently use Shopify Inc. (“Shopify”), an e-commerce platform for online stores and retail point-of-sale systems, to collect and process payments for purchases through Our Website.
We do not store any payment card information entered through Our Website, but We may receive information associated with Your payment information (e.g., billing and shipping details). In connection with this service that Shopify provides to us, Shopify may collect and store Your payment information and other Personal Data. We encourage You to review Shopify’s policies and procedures to learn about Shopify’s information collection and usage practices prior to making a purchase through Our Website.
Security of Your Personal Data
We have implemented technical and organizational measures designed with the intent to (i) secure Your Personal Data; and (ii) mitigate the risk of accidental loss or unauthorized access, use, alteration, or disclosure of Your Personal Data. Under certain circumstances, these measures may include but are not limited to the following:
- the pseudonymization (where necessary) and/or encryption of Personal Data
- the ability to ensure the ongoing confidentiality, integrity, availability and resilience of processing systems and services
- the ability to restore the availability and access to Personal Data in a timely manner in the event of a physical or technical incident
- regularly testing, assessing and evaluating the effectiveness of technical and organizational measures for ensuring the security of the processing
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. WHILE WE STRIVE TO USE COMMERCIALLY ACCEPTABLE MEANS TO PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA, WE CANNOT GUARANTEE ITS ABSOLUTE SECURITY. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, any transmission of Personal Data is at Your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on Our Website.
The safety and security of Your information also depends on You. Where We have given You (or where You have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of Our Website, You are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Do not use the same password that You may use for other accounts or websites—either for personal or business use. Do not share Your password with anyone.
We urge You to be careful about giving out information in public areas of Our Website, such as message boards. The information You share in public areas may be viewed by any user of Our Website. If Your password is compromised, please notify Us immediately at the address provided at the bottom of this Privacy Notice.
For the purposes of Our Website and the General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter, “GDPR”), You may be referred to as the data subject or as the user, as You are the individual using Our Website. The Company is the data controller or legal entity which alone or jointly with others determines the purposes and means of the processing Personal Data, such as a name, an identification number, location data, online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under GDPR
By way of example but not limitation, We may process Personal Data under the following conditions:
- Consent. You have given Your consent for processing Personal Data for one or more specific purposes. For example, We will expressly ask for Your consent if and when You choose to register for an Account or if You opt-in to receive Our newsletters. If You choose to grant Your consent, the information You provide to Us at the point of collection will be transferred to Us, Our servers, and Our third party processors here in the United States. If You did consent to receive advertisements and/or newsletters, You can opt out by contacting Us at Out contact information below or by clicking here. Note that before We cancel an Account, We may need to verify Your identity first.
- Performance of a contract. Processing Personal Data may be necessary for the performance of an agreement with You and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof. However, as noted above, we do not currently market or sell products outside the U.S.
- Legal obligations. Processing Personal Data may be necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Company is subject.
- Vital interests. Processing Personal Data may be necessary to protect Your vital interests or of another natural person.
- Public interests. Processing Personal Data may be related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Company.
- Legitimate interests. Processing Personal Data may be necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Company.
- Third Party Transfers. We may transfer Personal Data to Our third-party agents or Service Providers (“processors”, under GDPR) who may process Personal Data on Our behalf as described in this Policy. These processors have agreed to treat Your information in accordance with GDPR (whether with Standard Contractual Clauses or Data Transfer Agreements), and Our agreements limit their use of Your data to the specified services provided on Our behalf. We take reasonable and appropriate steps to ensure that third-party agents and service providers process Your information in accordance with these agreement.
- Security. We maintain reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect Your information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction in accordance with GDPR. For more information, please visit the section entitled Security of Your Personal Data.
In any case, We will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing.
Your Rights under the GDPR
The Company respects the confidentiality of Your Personal Data and guarantees Your rights.
You have the right under this Privacy Notice, and by law if You are within the European Union, European Economic Area, United Kingdom, or Switzerland to:
- Request access to Your Personal Data. The right to access, update or delete the information We have on You. Whenever made possible, You can access, update or request deletion of Your Personal Data directly within Your Account settings section. If You are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact Us to assist You. This also enables You to receive a copy of the Personal Data We hold about You.
- Request correction of the Personal Data that We hold about You. You have the right to have any incomplete or inaccurate information We hold about You corrected.
- Object to processing of Your Personal Data. This right exists where We are relying on a legitimate interest as the legal basis for Our processing and there is something about Your particular situation, which makes You want to object to Our processing of Your Personal Data on this ground. You also have the right to object where We are processing Your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request erasure of Your Personal Data. You have the right to ask Us to delete or remove Personal Data when there is no good reason for Us to continue processing it.
- Request the transfer of Your Personal Data. We will provide to You, or to a third-party You have chosen, Your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Please note that this right only applies to automated information which You initially provided consent for Us to use or where We used the information to perform a contract with You.
- Withdraw Your consent. You have the right to withdraw Your consent on using Your Personal Data. If You withdraw Your consent, We may not be able to provide You with access to certain specific functionalities of Our Website.
Exercising Your GDPR Data Privacy Rights
To exercise Your rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition, please contact us or submit a request form by clicking here.
We may request specific information from You to confirm Your identity. In some circumstances we may charge a reasonable fee for access to Your information.
We will respond to Your verified requests in a reasonable timeframe, and in any event in less than 30 days.
Your rights may not apply in some cases, including where providing access is unreasonably burdensome or expensive under the circumstances or where it would violate the rights of someone other than the individual requesting access. We may also decline Your request for erasure (the right to be forgotten) if we need to keep that information to establish, exercise or defend against legal claims.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about Our collection and use of Your Personal Data. If we did not use Your information as You consented, or if we did not honor Your lawful requests, and You are resident in the EEA and You believe we are unlawfully processing Your information, You also have the right to complain to Your local data protection supervisory authority.
You can find their contact details here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm
To ask questions or comment about this Privacy Notice and Our privacy practices, contact Us at:
Camille La Vie
61 West Palisade Avenue
Englewood, NJ 0763